Hyperpigmentation is a common skin condition where certain areas of the skin appear darker than the surrounding skin. Sun exposure, hormonal changes, or certain medications lead to hyperpigmentation.
A person with hyperpigmentation may feel self-conscious or embarrassed about their appearance. They may also feel frustrated, especially if they have tried various products or treatments without success.
Some people may experience emotional or psychological distress due to their hyperpigmentation, and they may avoid social situations or activities because of their appearance. People affected with hyperpigmentation show varied reactions. Some people may not be affected emotionally by the condition, while others may feel quite strongly about it.
Dr Archit Aggarwal is one of the best dermatologists in Faridabad who specializes in diagnosing and treating skin, hair, and nail conditions. He also provides hyperpigmentation laser treatment along with laser therapy for skin rejuvenation, birthmarks, and tattoo removal, treatment of acne, eczema, psoriasis, and other skin diseases, treatment of hair loss and scalp disorders, nail care and treatment of nail disorders, and so on.
Dr Archit Aggarwal is an expert in the field, having completed a rigorous training program, and has the experience and knowledge to provide the most advanced and effective treatments for their patients. He also keeps himself updated with the latest research and treatments in dermatology.
Cost of hyperpigmentation in India
The cost of treatment for hyperpigmentation in India can vary depending on the type of treatment used. Laser therapy, chemical peels, and topical lightening agents can cost between INR 2000-8000 per session. In some cases, multiple sessions may be required to achieve desired results, which can increase the overall cost.
The cost of treatment may vary depending on the individual case and the location of the clinic. Hence, it is advisable to consult a qualified dermatologist in India to get a more accurate cost estimate for your treatment.
Different types of hyperpigmentation treatment
The are several types of treatment available for hyperpigmentation include
- Topical lightening agents: These are creams or serums that contain ingredients such as hydroquinone, kojic acid, or vitamin C, which can help to lighten dark spots and even out skin tone.
- Chemical peels: These treatments use a solution to remove the top layer of skin, revealing brighter, more even-toned skin underneath.
- Microdermabrasion: This non-invasive procedure uses a diamond-tipped wand to gently remove the top layer of dead skin cells, revealing brighter, more even-toned skin underneath.
- Laser therapy: This treatment uses intense light to target and destroy the cells responsible for producing excess melanin, the pigment that causes hyperpigmentation.
Please note - Not all treatments are suitable for all skin types, and some treatments may require multiple sessions to achieve desired results. Hence, it is advisable to seek advice from a dermatologist to determine your best treatment plan.
Laser Treatment for Hyperpigmentation:
Laser treatment is one of the most effective ways to treat hyperpigmentation. Several types of lasers can be used to target and destroy the cells that are responsible for producing excess melanin, the pigment that causes hyperpigmentation. These include:
- Q-switched laser: The Q-switched laser uses a high-intensity beam of light that targets the pigmented cells in the skin. It destroys the cells and breaks down the pigmentation, resulting in a more even skin tone.
- Pulsed dye laser: The pulsed dye laser treats deeper hyperpigmentation caused by sun damage or age spots. It uses a beam of light to target the pigmented cells and shrink the blood vessels that feed them, reducing pigmentation.
- Fractional laser: The fractional laser uses a beam of light to create tiny holes in the skin, which triggers the body's healing response. As the skin heals, it produces new collagen and elastin, resulting in a more even skin tone.
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) therapy: IPL therapy uses broad-spectrum light to target the pigmented cells. It destroys the cells and breaks down the pigmentation, resulting in a more even skin tone.
The patient may require multiple laser treatments and multiple sessions to achieve desired results, which may cause discomfort, such as a stinging or burning sensation during the procedure. The dermatologist may apply numbing cream or give local anaesthesia to minimize discomfort.
Consult a qualified medical professional to determine which laser treatment is best for you.
Hyperpigmentation laser treatment cost in Faridabad
The cost of hyperpigmentation laser treatment in Faridabad can vary depending on several factors such as
- The type of laser used
- The severity of the hyperpigmentation
- The chosen clinic or hospital
- The number of sessions required to achieve desired results
On average, the cost of laser treatment for hyperpigmentation in Faridabad can range from INR 2000-8000 per session.
Please consult a certified dermatologist in Faridabad and get a more accurate cost estimate for the hyperpigmentation treatment.
Cost of laser treatment for hyperpigmentation in Top Cities
|Delhi||5,000 INR||8,000 INR|
|Ahmedabad||2,800 INR||8,000 INR|
|Mumbai||5,000 INR to||8,000 INR|
The several factors affecting the cost of hyperpigmentation laser treatment in Faridabad are
- Type of laser used: Different types of lasers have different costs associated with them, with some being more expensive than others. For example, Q-switched laser or Pulsed dye laser treatment may be more costly than IPL therapy.
- The severity of hyperpigmentation: The more severe the hyperpigmentation, the more sessions may be required to achieve desired results, which can increase the overall cost of treatment.
- Number of sessions required: The number of sessions required to achieve desired results can vary depending on the person and the severity of the hyperpigmentation. More sessions may be required for more severe cases of hyperpigmentation, which can increase the overall cost.
- The location of the clinic or hospital: The cost of laser treatment for hyperpigmentation can vary depending on the location of the clinic or hospital you choose. Clinics or hospitals in prime areas may charge more than those in less accessible areas.
- The experience and qualification of the dermatologist: The cost of treatment may also depend on the experience and qualification of the dermatologist. More experienced and qualified dermatologists may charge more than less experienced or less qualified ones.
Can hyperpigmentation be removed permanently?
Treatments such as laser therapy, chemical peels, and topical lightening agents can reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation, but they may not eliminate it. The dermatologist can check the underlying cause of the hyperpigmentation and prevent it from recurring. Sun protection and avoiding triggers that cause hyperpigmentation are also important.
Is pigmentation laser painful?
During the pigmentation laser treatment, the patient may experience some discomfort, such as a stinging or burning sensation. The level of pain experienced depends on the patient's pain tolerance and the specific type of laser used. To minimize discomfort, your dermatologist may apply a numbing cream or local anesthesia.