Vitiligo is a common chronic skin condition characterized by patchy loss of pigment in skin and hair. The loss of pigment in vitiligo causes white patches to appear on the skin, impacting the self-confidence of those who have vitiligo.
However, treatment options are available to restore the skin's original color. Dr.Archit Aggarwal, an experienced skin specialist in Faridabad, specializes in comprehensive vitiligo treatment. He excels in treating complex skin conditions with the latest, result-oriented treatment and technique.
He is one of the most-preferred doctors for vitiligo treatment in Faridabad. He offers a variety of treatments that have proven to be effective, such as a combination of topical ointments, ultraviolet light therapy, and systemic medications.
Patients from all over the city and the surrounding places visit KDC Clinic, a premier skin clinic for high-quality, personalized, evidenced-based vitiligo treatment in Faridabad.
Vitiligo usually affects both men and women equally. The exact cause of vitiligo is not known, but it is believed to be an autoimmune disease. The immune system mistakenly targets melanocytes, the cells that produce pigment, in the skin and hair.
There are, however, several risk factors that trigger the onset of vitiligo. These risk factors include certain medications and genetics.
Types of vitiligo
Vitiligo affects around 2% of the world population, usually developing between 10 to 30 years. However, it can occur at any age.
There are various types of vitiligo mentioned below:
Generalized – It is the most prevalent type of vitiligo which forms discolored patches all over the body.
Focal – In this type, the discoloration happens in one area and does not spread.
Segmental – Here, vitiligo is limited to one body area, such as your hands, legs, or face.
Trichrome –There are areas of white patches in this type, followed by lighter discolored patches and then by normal skin color.
Universal – It is a rare type wherein around 80 percent of the skin lacks pigment and is discolored.
What are the symptoms of vitiligo?
The first symptom of vitiligo is the appearance of white patches on the skin. These patches are mainly seen on the face, neck, hands, and forearms.
Other symptoms include:
- Lack of pigment in the inner lining of the lips and nose
- Premature whitening or greying of facial hair, eyelashes, hair, and eyebrows.
What are the causes of vitiligo?
The exact cause of vitiligo is not known, but it may be due to:
- Autoimmune condition –The body’s immune system attacks its own cells instead of eliminating germs.
- Neurogenic factor - Nerve endings in the skin may emit a chemical that is harmful to melanocytes.
- Genetic factor –You are at a higher risk of getting vitiligo if someone in the family has it.
- Self-destruction – Due to a defect in the melanocytes, they destroy themselves.
Certain circumstances, including physical or emotional stress, might also cause vitiligo to develop. Because none of the theories fully explain the disorder, a combination of these factors may cause vitiligo.
How is vitiligo diagnosed?
Dr. Archit Aggarwal, a renowned skin specialist in Faridabad, diagnoses vitiligo through physical examination. He may also use a Wood’s lamp, which emits ultraviolet light to differentiate vitiligo from other skin conditions.
What are the different options for vitiligo treatment in Faridabad?
There are a variety of options available for vitiligo treatment in Faridabad. Some treatments are topical, while others may require surgical intervention. Dr.Archit Aggarwal will determine the best option depending on the type and severity of vitiligo and the patient's age, general health, and skin type.
- Topical creams and ointments -The most common treatment for vitiligo is topical ointments that contain steroids. These ointments suppress the immune system to prevent further destruction of pigment cells. Ointments can be applied to just one patch or several patches at once, depending on the severity of your vitiligo. Other topicals include Calcipotriol, Tacrolimus, Pimecrolimus, Diantranol, and Fibroblasts growth factors. These act by different mechanisms.
- Oral medications - Another type of treatment for vitiligo is oral medications. These are usually powerful immunosuppressants that can help stop the immune system from attacking melanocytes.
- Psoralen and ultraviolet A (PUVA) light therapy–This treatment works in a combination. You will have to take psoralen orally or apply it to your skin. Then Dr.Archit Aggarwal, a leading skin specialist in Faridabad, will expose you to UVA light to activate the medication, which will help your skin regain its color.
- Narrowband ultraviolet B light therapy–Unlike PUVA light therapy, this treatment uses a more targeted light therapy, which has fewer adverse effects.
- Depigmentation - If more than 50% of your body is affected with vitiligo and you want to restore balance to your skin, Dr. Archit Aggarwal may recommend depigmentation. When other methods of restoring pigment to your skin have failed, this is frequently a viable option. Depigmentation involves lightening the rest of the skin to match the color loss in the affected areas.
- Excimer laser treatment – It is an effective treatment for people with small areas of discoloration, as it is given to targeted small regions.
When medication and light therapy have failed, you can opt for surgical vitiligo treatment in Faridabad. Dr. Archit Aggarwal may recommend surgical alternatives if your vitiligo is stable and not caused by sun exposure. Other surgical procedures include Punch grafting
- Melanocyte transplant– Your doctor will remove a healthy tissue sample, culture the melanocytes, and then implant the cells into the vitiligo patches.
- Skin grafting –Your doctor transfers the healthy pigmented skin to the depigmented area. Another approach with lesser risks is blister skin grafting. This method entails making blisters on normal skin and moving the blister's surface to the discolored patches.
- Micropigmentation – This is one of the best treatments for the lip area, where your doctor will tattoo the area with pigments.
What is the cost of vitiligo treatment in Faridabad?
The vitiligo treatment at KDC Clinic is reasonable and suits all budgets. The charges for each treatment are different, and it further depends on the severity of your issue and the number of sessions required.
During your consultation, Dr. Archit Aggarwal will discuss the treatment options and its cost.
Why choose Dr. Archit Aggarwal for vitiligo treatment in Faridabad?
- Dr.Archit Aggarwal is a leading skin specialist in Faridabad for vitiligo treatment. He offers various treatment options according to your vitiligo type and severity.
- He has vast experience in treating complex skin disorders and is well-versed with the latest techniques and procedures.
- KDC Clinic is fitted with sophisticated medical technology and the latest lasers to deliver high-standard treatments.
- Another reason patients visit the clinic for vitiligo treatment in Faridabad is Dr.Archit Aggarwal. His empathetic nature and willingness to communicate and listen to his patients make them feel secure and optimistic about the treatment.